Thursday, June 27 @ 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM BST| $40
There are countless companies based in New York, but only a few can say they are located in the heart of the city. However, among those select few is photography giant Shutterstock.
Often listed within the Top 10 Coolest Spaces in NYC rankings, the fast-growing, international image site relocated from the Financial District in 2014 to its 85,000 square foot space in the Empire State Building (after a $10 million renovation).
As with every choice they make, the decision to relocate the modern tech company to a classic building was a decision driven by data. By analyzing the addresses of our 300+ NYC-based employees, Shutterstock discovered the new location would save staff an average of 3 minutes of commute time each way.
The Workplace team also reviewed 7 months and 50,000 hours worth of meetings to determine the perfect number and size of conference rooms for the office — with options ranging from 2-person drop-ins to much larger rooms, allowing staff to be much more efficient with space.
And in true Shutterstock style, they infused a LOT of fun also. They called on the collective brainpower of staff to nominate and vote on the themes of our two game rooms (Alice in Wonderland and 8-Bit), help name our new conference rooms, design a secret library, and even select furniture and food choices.
Standout features include:
- Wrap around views of the entire city
- A boldly decorated reception room
- An iconic 10-foot-wide staircase inspired by historic art-deco details of the face of the building
- Big screens showcasing beautiful moving images and real-time social media feeds
- Upstairs meeting rooms are named after global landmarks, like the Pyramids of Giza. Downstairs meeting rooms pay homage to tech innovators like Steve Jobs.
But enough reading about it — why not come and take a look for yourself.
Don’t miss the opportunity to take (Shutter)stock and take inspiration from once of New York’s most exciting workplace locations.